At this year’s World Economic Forum, the Swiss Blockchain Federation’s global promotion initiative, Home of Blockchain.swiss, is hosting two exclusive events at the House of Switzerland. Participants can look forward to high-profile and cutting-edge panel discussions.
On Wednesday, 18 January 2023 the panel will highlight which blockchain projects central banks, particularly the Swiss National Bank, are currently working on and explore the latest developments in the digitization of financial assets:
- The digitization of assets from equity to private market and bonds
- Swiss pilot projects from CBDCs, stablecoins to the digitization of bonds
- The tokenization of fiat currencies in the form of Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)
- Cross-border payments and the role of commercial banks in the future
- Blockchain innovation initiatives of Swiss exchange
On Thursday, 19 January 2023, the “Blockchain for Good” event will discuss how blockchain technology can make the world a better place. Using specific examples, we want to showcase how blockchain technology can help improve living conditions: in the reconstruction of the destroyed infrastructure in Ukraine, providing humanitarian aid and fundraising opportunities by UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, and in giving access for the three billion people who have no access to the traditional financial system, the so-called “unbanked”. At the same time, the challenges will be discussed alongside the opportunities: How will the population take up the new, decentralized technology? What about trust, identity and the protection of privacy?
For more information and how to register for these events, click here.